Monday, October 24, 2011

Monday morning after Death by Chocolate

Had a great weekend. It was my mom's birthday and I decided to make her a photo clock. There is a great tutorial over at Rosy Red Buttons. This was an easy, inexpensive project that is sure to please! I bought the clock workings at Michael's for $6.99 plus a 40% off coupon. The board was $1.99. I already had the Mod Podge.

I put the whole thing together in a couple of hours. I like it so much I'm going to make myself one with a different photo. I did the title in calligraphy (or at least part of it). This isn't a great photo as the glare was bad but you get the gist. This is a really fun way to display a favorite photo. My mom already has lots of framed photographs so I wanted something different. This is a really special photo to her as it is her grandchildren and her altogether for the first time ever.



I also made Death by Chocolate Mum Cupcakes from one my all time favorite blogs, Bakingdom. Mine didn't come out nearly as nice looking as hers but I gave it a shot. They tasted great though! I made the cupcake wrappers from a template by gabbycakes. I had to size mine down by about an inch on the side and cut them about half height wise.


Busy weekend but lots of fun trying new things. Hope yours was good, too!

Truly,
Erica