Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

I'm on a roll ... sort of! My mom's birthday was this week and we're heading off to her party this afternoon. I thought it would be a perfect opportunity to try another flourish. I really had fun doing this. I started with a banner from Ames Compendium and then just wung it.

I got a little carried away on the upper part of the banner when my husband came in and offered me a lick of chocolate frosting (since I haven't had any goodies since I've been on WW for 6+ weeks). I nearly fell off my drafting stool and then blobbed the card! So I tried to cover the goof by adding some thicker leaves. (It's was worth the lick of chocolate by the way).

I obviously still need to work on overall shape and getting down the stroke shapes. Looking forward to having something new to practice. I did the original with walnut ink on Fabriano Medioevalis. The web version is scanned and reversed. I'm including a photo of the original, too.

Thanks all for the great encouragement! Spark is lit again!!! :-)
Truly,

Erica